Business Adviser - Entrepreneurs' Programme
- Federal flagship initiative for business competitiveness & productivity
- South Australia's peak employer organisation
- Autonomous role with corporate team support
The Entrepreneurs' Programme (EP) is the Australian Government's flagship initiative for business competitiveness and productivity at the firm level. EP uses quality Business Advisers, drawn from industry, to ensure businesses get the advice and support they need to improve their competitiveness and productivity. The primary focus is on providing access to the best advice and networks to solve business problems. Business SA proudly delivers the EP across South Australia.
Whilst employed by Business SA, South Australia's peak employer organisation, you will also partner with the EP nationally. You will use your industry experience combined with diagnostic and other tools to conduct business evaluations of Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs), including analysis and review of potential areas of growth and improvement. Your focus will be on ICT that support and enable growth in the professional services sector as well as infrastructure related construction.
To be successful it is essential you have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in senior business management, operational management or consulting.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a business related discipline.
- Knowledge of supporting and enabling technologies to drive business growth and/or business improvement with SMEs.
- Experience acros ICT, professional services and infrastructure related construction.
- A good understanding of (or the competence to quickly develop) the key drivers of performance, and the challenges and opportunities in each of the growth sectors.
- Solid understanding of business practices, workflows, systems, financial management, marketing, communication, change management, operational and supply chain frameworks.
- The ability and desire to think beyond immediate issues, and the confidence to facilitate change.
- Excel at time management and bring with you excellent lead generation and superior relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, representation, influencing and negotiation skills.
The position is available on a fixed term contract to 30 June 2018 based on Federal Government funding. Within the wider EP network you will join Business SA's team of five Business Advisers and a larger national team of Advisers. You will be based in Adelaide with the ability to work autonomously including working from home. The role will also involve regional and interstate travel for networking and promoting EP.
The role offers an excellent salary package including a fully maintained company vehicle.
If you believe you have the skills, desire and commitment to be part of this highly regarded local organisation and successful national programme we are very keen to hear from you.
Please submit your letter of application and resume via the apply button.
Applications for this role will take you to the advertiser’s site.