Steven Jones, Senior Work Health and Safety Consultancy
I have approximately 12 years experience within the field of WHS. I have worked as part of a Management team across a variety of industries as well as running my own consulting firm for a number of years.
Broadly, here’s what I do:
- Conduct WHS audits of workplaces to determine areas of potential non conformances, providing written reports to members recommending cost effective solutions
- Conduct Pre-Certification audits to assist members to identify gaps in existing systems prior to certification audits
- Develop Work Health and Safety Management Systems in alignment with AS/NZS 4801:2001 and assist with the accreditation process
- As my working background covers both working at shop floor level and Managerial positions I can walk the line between employer and employee to achieve successful outcomes for both parties
- Conduct Risk Assessments for members including machine guarding assessments
- Mentoring of members to improve safety culture within their businesses.
Specifically, what might I do to improve your business:
- Auditing, development or creation of WHS systems tailored to individual business needs
- Provision of information and guidance to ensure legislative compliance
- Provision of cost effective solutions to achieve compliance.
My key advantage
My employment history allows me to communicate across all levels of an organisation from shop floor level to the board room. This allows me to facilitate culture change across all levels of an organistaion. As I have previously run my own consultancy firm I know what it is like to run a small business, and therefore can relate this to member’s needs.
Who is Steven Jones away from work?
I have two passions away from work – The first is working with timber, involving anything from renovating the house to carving objects from driftwood. The second is spending time with my grandson who can do no wrong in my eyes, and who inevitably leads me astray and into trouble with his Mother.
Telephone: +61 8 8300 0000
Meet Steven’s consultancy colleagues