Vikki Hinton, Senior Consultant Workplace Relations
Bachelor of Behavioural Science; Certificate IV Training and Assessment; Master of Human Resource Management.
I have approximately 20 years’ experience working for South Australian companies, with hands-on experience in human resources, recruitment, training, and industrial relations.
Broadly, here's what I do
- Represent employers with Fair Work Commission, Fair Work Ombudsman and union matters including unfair dismissals, general protections claims, union disputes, underpayment claims
- Participate and represent employers in enterprise bargaining
- Draft employment documents such as enterprise agreements, contracts, IFA’s, policies and procedures and similar
- Investigate and report on workplace disputes including bullying, harassment and discrimination allegations
- Audit client procedures and practices for legislative compliance
- Provide assistance with performance management, disciplinary matters and termination of employment
Advise and assist with legislative compliance including the application of Modern Awards
Specifically, what I might do to improve your business
- Provide representation with the Fair Work Commission, the Fair Work Ombudsman and unions in matters such as underpayment of wages, unfair dismissals and similar
- Perform a comprehensive audit of your workplace to ensure that your business complies with current industrial relations legislation
- Assist with the implementation of new practices such as rosters, restructuring, updated contracts and similar
- Investigate and report on claims of bullying, harassment and discrimination in the workplace
- Facilitate mediation between parties to a dispute
- Develop and write employment documents which comply with current legislation
- Advise and assist on the interpretation and application of Modern Awards including calculating employee entitlements under the transitional provisions
- Conduct training in employment-related areas
My key advantage
As a consultant, I proactively and passionately assist clients to manage difficult and complex situations. I strive to take the pressure off and will actively do everything I can to make being an employer easier.
Who is Vikki Hinton away from work?
As mother of two and a CFS volunteer, I still make time for both fun and fitness. I particularly enjoy Muay Thai and I’m also training for some well-known obstacle course challenges this year.
For a no-obligation discussion on how I can help you, please call the Customer Service Centre on 08 8300 0000.
Meet Vikki’s consultancy colleagues