Carbon Tax: The First 100 Days
Get more information and select your date below
100 days into the Carbon Tax and the sky has not fallen – Yet?
It is time to get an accurate appreciation of the Carbon Tax. In particular, what are the past through costs’ of the carbon pricing scheme to your bottom line and are you able to legally pass these costs onto your clients and customers?
Come to this Business SA breakfast to hear from experts in their fields as they give their perspective into the Carbon Tax and give you information to understand, adapt and manage the future of your business in a carbon pricing environment.
Guest speakers are:
- Dr Michael Schaper, Deputy Chair, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- Warwick Armstrong, Manager Business Outreach, Clean Energy Regulator
- Mary Nizamis, Deputy State Manager, AusIndustry
- Ros DeGaris, Principal, DeGaris Consulting and Standing Member of Business SA’s Industry Environment Committee.
Benefits of attending this event
- Learn about the direct and indirect financial impacts of the Carbon Tax
- Better understand how the carbon pricing mechanism works
- Awareness of potential risks businesses face in blaming price rises on the carbon tax – these include misleading and deceptive conduct under Australian Consumer Law
- Hear from industry leaders regarding how the tax has impacted their business, how they have managed these impacts and where the opportunities reside
- Understand what businesses can do to minimise their direct and indirect carbon liabilities
- Knowledge of what sources of Carbon Tax related funding/assistance are available to industry and who to contact to access these; and
- What Business SA can do to help.