There will be many changes for South Australian workplaces with the introduction of the WHS Act. Business SA has a range of products and services to help you through the process, both now and in the future.
Business SA’s team of expert consultants have years of experience in health and safety, with the practical knowledge, coupled with a complete understanding of safety systems.
We offer in-house WHS Advisor placements for your organisation, and can also help you with the below:
- Advice (both verbal and written) on work health and safety matters.
- Review existing safety manuals.
- Development of an integrated safety manual (this can include marrying up your WHS system with environment and or injury management).
- The ability to identify what might be missing from your current safety systems, processes and procedures.
- Auditing to both the Australian and International Standards for systems compliance (AS/NZS 4801 or OHSAS 18001).
- Auditing your site for non-conformance using regulations/codes of practice.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Developing and implementing forms, permit to work and checklists
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA) development and implementation.
- Auditing contractors and subcontractors against site requirements.
- Contractor safety management systems
- Conducting Risk Assessments (including manual handling and machine guarding assessments).
- The ability to determine training needs.
- The set-up and running of health and safety committees.
- The health and safety representative election process.
- Advice when it comes to SafeWork SA notices, investigations, and disputes
Business SA has developed a comprehensive range of WHS publications to help your business understand and comply with the new legislation. Visit our Business Bookshop to find out more.
WHS Training Courses
For a more in depth training on WHS, attend one of our training courses.
Business SA provides an WHS consultancy service that can help your business ensure compliance with current WHS legislation. Read more.