New Fair Work Building and Construction Advisory Board Selections
The Federal Government has announced appointments of the Fair Work Building and Construction (FWBC) Advisory Board. The FWBC replaced the recently abolished Australian Building and Construction Commission (ABCC).
The role of the Advisory Board will be to give policy advice to FWBC Chief Executive Leigh Johns. The Board will also be in charge of prioritising matters so that the FWBC can try and deliver on a fair set of compliance arrangements for the building and construction sector.
The Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) will be a member of the Advisory Board, as well as the Chief Executive of the FWBC.
Other members of the Board have been selected from industry, law and workplace relations experience, as well as representatives who have been nominated by both employers and employees.
These members include:
- Randall Fuller (Chair), who is the Employee Relations Manager at Brookfield Multiplex Constructions;
- Jim Barrett, who works for Australian Industry Group (AIG);
- Tim Lyons, who is the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) Secretary;
- Judith Bornstein, who is an industrial lawyer and former Commissioner of the Industrial Relations Commission of Victoria; and
- Peter Henneken, who is the former head of the Queensland Department of Employment and Industrial Relations and the current Chair of the Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission.
The FWBC is now a division of Fair Work Australia (FWA), whereas the ABCC was an entirely autonomous body.