The Fair Work Commission made determinations with respect to common issues regarding penalties for late payment of wages and annual leave loading in the below awards.
Most changes take effect from the first full pay period on or after 16 December 2016.
These changes clarify employer obligations arising where an employee who is paid by cash or cheque is left waiting at the workplace to be paid. These changes further clarify obligations around termination payments and employer requirements in respect of annual leave loading provisions in some awards.
For subscribers of Business SA's PAYpack service, Business SA has updated the relevant Awards (list below). Revised PAYpacks to reflect Award changes are available for subscribers to download from the Business SA website.
PAYpack subscribers will receive a notification from Business SA that their PAYpack has been updated early in the New Year.
Please feel free to contact the Business Advice Hotline on (08) 8300 0000 if you need any support or advice.
The Awards impacted by these changes are as follows:
• Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2010
• Racing Industry Ground Maintenance Award 2010
• Cleaning Services Award 2010
• Electrical, Electronic and Communications Contracting Award 2010
• Joinery and Building Trades Award 2010
• Plumbing and Fire Sprinklers Award 2010
• Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2010
• Food, Beverage and Tobacco Manufacturing Award 2010
• Supported Employment Services Award 2010