The Fair Work Commission handed down a decision varying some of the Modern Awards with new or changed terms about taking time off instead of payment for overtime.
Most changes take effect from the first full pay period on or after 14 December 2016.
The decision allows an employer and an employee to agree in writing for the employee to take time off instead of being paid for a particular amount of overtime that has been worked by an employee. Businesses will need to refer to the overtime clause in their relevant Award for specific details.
For subscribers of Business SA's PAYpack service, Business SA has updated the relevant Awards (list below). Revised PAYpacks to reflect Award changes are available for subscribers to download from the Business SA website.
PAYpack subscribers will receive a notification from Business SA that their PAYpack has been updated early in the New Year.
Please feel free to contact the Business Advice Hotline on (08) 8300 0000 if you need any support or advice.
The Awards impacted by these changes are as follows:
• Architects Award 2010
• Clerks – Private Sector Award 2010
• Dry Cleaning and Laundry Industry Award 2010
• Electrical Power Industry Award 2010
• Fast Food Industry Award 2010
• General Retail Industry Award 2010
• Hair and Beauty Industry Award 2010
• Horse and Greyhound Training Award 2010
• Labour Market Assistance Industry Award 2010
• Meat Industry Award 2010
• Nurses Award 2010
• Pharmacy Industry Award 2010
• Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2010
• Restaurant Industry Award 2010
• Road Transport and Distribution Award 2010
• Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
• Sporting Organisations Award 2010
• Textile, Clothing, Footwear and Associated Industries Award 2010
• Timber Industry Award 2010