Business SA held its inaugural International Trade Expo & Conference by day, and the Export Awards Gala Dinner by night last Thursday 4 October at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
More than 200 delegates attended ITEC, aimed at South Australian businesses looking to take their products and services to the world’s marketplace.
Throughout the day guests heard from several experts in international trade markets, and the expo provided a forum for businesses to learn how to make their exporting journey easier.
To view the photo gallery for ITEC, click here
The Business SA 2018 Export Awards then celebrated exporting excellence at the Business SA 2018 Export Awards, attended by more than 500 people.
Now in their 56th year, the Business SA Export Awards recognise the success of local companies breaking into export markets and achieving sales and organisational growth.
World-leading aerospace component manufacturer Levett Engineering took out the coveted Qatar Airways Exporter of the Year, as well as the Efic Manufacturing Award.
Levett Engineering was recognised as a leading exporter of aerospace components and assemblies, with its components used in the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, 777 and 737, Gulfstream G6 and the supersonic Joint Strike Fighter.
Levett Engineering sells directly or as a Tier 2 supplier to the industry’s major aircraft companies, including Lockheed Martin, Pratt & Whitney, Harris Corporation, Northrop Grumman, BAE Systems, Boeing, Gulfstream, Embraer and Goodrich.
With its reputation as a preferred employer, Levett Engineering employs the skilled craftsmen with an unwavering commitment to product quality and on-time delivery. The team uses state-of-the-art high performance equipment from leading suppliers to produce machined components.
The Statewide Super Excellence in Exporting Award, a special award recognising South Australian companies making an international impact, was awarded to air conditioning manufacturer Seeley International.
Business SA 2018 Export Awards winners:
- Qatar Airways Exporter of the Year: Levett Engineering
- Statewide Super Excellence in Exporting Award: Seeley International
- Adelaide Airport Agribusiness Award: SEAPA
- KWP! Business Services Award: CMAX Clinical Research
- Channel 7 Creative Industries Award: Australian Fashion Labels
- Novatech Creative Event Technology Digital Technologies Award: Fluid Management Technology
- Austrade E-Commerce Award: SWEAT
- Innovact Consulting and Soniclean Design for Export – Product and Services Design Award: MGM Wireless
- University of South Australia Design for Export – Design Strategy Award: Redarc Electronics
- Coopers Education and Training Award: Flinders University
- Australian Trusted Trader Emerging Exporter Award: Beston Global Food Company
- Soniclean Health and Biotechnology Award: Vaxine
- Efic Manufacturing Award: Levett Engineering
- South Australian Chamber of Mines & Energy Energy and Related Services Award: FCT International
- Department for Trade, Tourism and Investment Regional Exporter Award: Torbreck Vintners
- Australia Origin Direct Small Business Award: Steriline Racing
- Wines By: Geoff Hardy Wine and Beverage Award: Pacific Vintners
Levett Engineering, along with 12 other major category winners, will go on to compete for national supremacy in their fields at the Australian Export Awards in Canberra on 27 November.
To view the photo gallery for the Business SA 2018 Export Awards, click here
For a strictly limited time we have a small number of tickets available for the Business SA 2019 Export Awards at an incredibly low Early Early Bird price. This special offer closes midnight on Friday 18 October. To book, click here
Expressions of Interest are also now open if you are interested in applying for the Business SA 2019 Export Awards – click here
for more details.