With Australian wine being renowned throughout the world for quality, innovation and depth, the investment opportunities within the industry are endless.
Business Innovation and Investment Visas are an attractive visa for investors wanting to relocate to Australia permanently while contributing to our economy.
The last few years have shown an increase in international trade agreements, lowering export barriers and opening new trade relations. China, South Korea and Japan have been the centre of these new trade agreements.
With these barriers being lowered, the time is ripe to promote investment opportunities attached to Business Innovation and Investment Visas for potential investors.
Frequently Asked Questions on 188 Business Innovation Visas
This visa pathway is for people with business skills who wish to explore and develop their business and entrepreneurial skills in Australia.
This can be done through either an existing business or starting a new business in Australia. This visa allows you to own and manage a business in Australia and conduct business and investment activities in Australia.
The provisional stream (188) is valid up to four years and three months. An application can be made to transition to permanency after this.
What are the requirements for applying for this visa?
Where do I need to be when I lodge this visa?
- Innovation stream: You must have experience owning and operating a business and be able to show evidence of this
- Investor stream: Have at least $1.5 million to invest
- Significant investor stream: Have at least $5 million to invest
- Premium investor stream: Have at least $15 million to invest
- Be nominated by a state or territory government agency or Austrade
Can I travel on this visa?
- You can be in Australia or overseas when you lodge a Business Innovation Visa application.
What are the times and costs involved?
- You can travel in and out of Australia as many time as you would like for the duration of your visa.
How do I transition to permanency?
- For the provisional visas, 90 per cent of applications are processed within 18 months
- Immigration Department costs start from $585
- To be able to apply for the permanent equivalent of this visa (subclass 888) you must have been in Australia on the subclass 188A visa for at least 12 months within the two years prior to lodgement
- You must be able to show you have owned and operated a business with an annual turnover of at least $300,000 for at least two of the last four years in Australia prior to the application
With the investment opportunities available in the wine industry, providing information regarding the Business Innovation and Investment visas is appealing and important to attracting potential investors.
Should you require information on the visa stream, contact our Migration Services team on (08) 8300 0094 or email email@example.com
Business SA's MOVE WORK STAY migration service (MARA number 1575264) is powered by Jarvis Migration + Law. (Trish Jarvis, Prinicipal Lawyer and Migration Agent, Migration Agents Registration Authority - MARA number 1681761).