FTA Training - Understand and Utilise FTAs
About the Event
Did you know that Australia’s Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) with China, Japan and Korea are worth over A$250 billion, yet less than 20% of local businesses utilise them? Why? Primarily because trade agreements can be difficult to understand and there is a lack of awareness of the benefits for Australian businesses.
If your business is one of the thousands that may be underutilising FTA’s, Business SA now offers training to demystify the whole process. Book your spot today and discover how you can gain price competitiveness through tariff savings.
What will you learn?
Business SA’s FTA training sessions are developed and delivered by industry experts with extensive exporting experience in China, Japan and Korea. They will cover:
- Tariff classification and preferential tariff schedules
- Rules of origin – types and common issues
- Certificates of Origin and Declaration of Origin
- Documents required to access preferential treatment
- Consignment rules – how shipment affects eligibility
- Legal obligations
- Export logistics
- Export finance and insurance
- Case studies from various industries
- Practical exercises & examples for a more hands-on experience
Who should attend?
- Small to medium-sized (SME) business owners and directors
- Export managers, supervisors, coordinators and officers
- Export specialists/consultants
- International sales and marketing specialists
- Logistics, procurement and purchasing specialists
This Activity received funding from Australian government as part of the Free Trade Agreement Training Provider Grant Program. Full costs of the training course is $209 (inc. GST) 50% of the cost has been subsidised by the Australian Government through the Free Trade Agreement Training Provider Grant Program.