Membership Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to membership of the South Australian Employers’ Chamber of Commerce and Industry (trading as ‘Business SA’).
- Please refer to the Schedule of Benefits provided on the Business SA website for the respective membership packages.
- Business SA reserves the right to update and make changes to these member benefits at its sole discretion. Any such changes will be made directly to the relevant membership packages detailed in the Schedule of Benefits on the Business SA website.
- 1839 members (individuals) have Corporate member benefits automatically conferred upon their organisation.
- The Digital package does not confer voting rights on the registrant (individual or business).
- Modern Award subscriptions are provided for eligible membership packages for the initial 12 months of Business SA membership, as detailed in the Schedule of Benefits.
- Businesses re-joining or transferring from existing membership packages are ineligible to receive Modern Award subscriptions included in those packages.
- 30-minute IR, WPR or WHS phone consults are provided for eligible membership packages for the initial 12 months of membership, as detailed in the Schedule of Benefits. One (1) phone-based consultation for up to 30 minutes is provided on matters related to Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Workers Compensation or Work Health and Safety.
- The phone consult will be deemed to be fully redeemed once the 30 minute or any part thereof consultation has been utilised.
- If a business elects to continue their consult beyond 30 minutes the business does so with the agreement that they will enter into an engagement arrangement with Business SA (signed Business SA proposal) and subsequently be charged by Business SA at the member hourly rate.
- The phone consult cannot be redeemed by any business that has an existing arrangement (signed Business SA proposal) to engage a Business SA Senior Consultant.
- A training voucher is provided for eligible membership packages for each year of membership, as detailed in the Schedule of Benefits.
- Training vouchers are inclusive of GST
- Training vouchers may be used for any Business SA public courses or workplace training sessions.
The South Australian Business Directory
- Each active member/subscriber, with a physical presence in South Australia, is permitted to have a single business listing in The South Australian Business Directory
- Should an organisation wish to list multiple businesses separately in the Directory, they are permitted to purchase additional Digital Subscriptions to obtain more business listings.
Duration of Membership
- Membership of Business SA is subject to payment of an annual membership fee for a period of 12 months, unless otherwise notified.
- Annual membership commences on the date of acceptance of each membership application.
- Each renewal of membership is for a further period of 12 months, from the anniversary of the membership acceptance date unless otherwise notified.
- The annual membership fee is a set-fee based on the membership package listed on your invoice or direct debit agreement.
- You agree to pay the amount due on any membership fee invoice (original or renewal, including any amended invoice), within 14 days of the date of the invoice, unless you have elected to pay by credit card via online check out, or have entered into an arrangement to pay your annual membership fee by 12 equal direct-debit instalments.
- Business SA offers an option to pay the annual membership fee under a direct debit arrangement. Under such an arrangement, the annual fee, plus processing costs, will be paid by equal monthly instalments over a 12-month period. If you take up this option, you acknowledge that the membership fee remains annual in duration, and the annual fee becomes due from the first day of the new renewable period. Taking up the direct debit instalment payment option does not convert the membership period from annual to monthly.
- Annual membership fees are not refundable upon membership resignation.
- If you direct your financial institution to cease instalments prior to the final instalment under the current arrangement being made, Business SA reserves the right to collect the balance of the annual fee that remains outstanding. Business SA also reserves the right to pass on any additional costs it incurs in the collection of this outstanding debt including Debt Collection costs including Commissions, default interest of up to 2.0% per month and any legal costs that maybe incurred.
- Membership fees will be reviewed annually and may be subject to an increase at Business SA’s discretion. You will be given written notice of any change to the annual membership fees at least 14 days prior to the date of renewal. You are deemed to have accepted such a change unless you give written notice of cancellation of your membership within 14 days of notice of the change to the annual membership fees.
Renewal and Cancellation of Memberships
- If you do not wish to renew or would like to opt out of your membership, you are required to provide Business SA a written notice of resignation of membership 30 days prior to the expiry of the current membership period.
- If such a written notice is not received, this will result in the automatic renewal of your membership for the following 12 months, along with the liability to pay the membership fee for that period.
- A written notice of resignation of your membership should be sent via e‑mail to [email protected]business-sa.com or by mail to Membership Engagement, Business SA, Level 1, 136 Greenhill Road, Unley, SA 5061.
- If you do not enter a direct debit arrangement, and your annual membership invoice remains outstanding for more than 60 days from the date it is due for payment, then Business SA reserves the right to cancel your membership. Correspondence in the form of email and phone calls will be made reminding you of the amount outstanding and the process of resignation.
Fair Use of Information and Advice
- You agree that any information or advice provided to you by Business SA is provided for the use of the member only, unless otherwise agreed. You agree not to use the information or advice for commercial resale or gain. You agree not to provide such information or advice to any third party for the use or benefit of the third party.
- You agree not to use your access to Business SA information and advice to obtain information or advice for the use of a third party (including any subsidiaries or related companies that are not members of Business SA).
- In the event the information or advice provided to you by Business SA is provided to any third party, Business SA reserves the right to suspend or cancel the provision of further services to you until such time as it is satisfied that you have ceased to do so. No refund of any membership fee paid will be due upon such suspension or cancellation. Any unpaid membership fee will remain due and payable as a debt to Business SA.
- Business SA is not liable for any loss or damage caused to a member due to the non-provision of membership services to that member as a result of the suspension or cancellation of such services to the member, or as a result of Business SA changing the services it provides, or no longer offering services in the exercise of its discretion.
- Information provided by Business SA and its employees, officers and agents is of a general nature only and is not legal, accounting or other professional advice. While all reasonable endeavours are made to ensure the accuracy of information provided, Business SA accepts no liability for any action, or decision not to act, taken by you on the basis of the information provided to you, or for any error in or omission in the information provided by Business SA, or any loss or damage caused to you or any other person whether a member of Business SA or not, as a result of information provided by Business SA being inaccurate.
- Any information or advice given by a Business SA employee, whether over the telephone, in person or in writing, is based on the facts and information provided to the Business SA employee by the member. If incomplete or inaccurate information or facts are provided by the member, it may change the advice or information that would be given by the Business SA employee. Business SA accepts no liability for any action, or decision not to act, taken by you on the basis of the information or advice provided to you, or for any error in or omission in the information or advice provided by Business SA, or any loss or damage caused to you or any other person whether a member of Business SA or not, as a result of information or advice provided by Business SA being inaccurate.
- Business SA urges you to obtain advice from an appropriately qualified professional before acting, or deciding not to act, based on the information or advice provided by Business SA, its employees, officers and agents.
- Business SA reserves the right to edit and make adjustments to business listings in The South Australian Business Directory as it sees fit, in order to meet content guidelines.
- Without limiting these above disclaimers, no responsibility or liability is accepted by Business SA for any losses incurred in contract, tort, negligence, or any other cause of action, or any liability for any loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of revenue, loss of data, loss from computer viruses or any indirect or consequential loss.
Changes to Business SA’s Terms & Conditions or Schedule of Benefits
- You agree that Business SA may change these terms and conditions at any time.
- Business SA agrees to publish any change to its terms and conditions on its website. Business SA’s terms and conditions as published on its website apply until the date of any change to the terms and conditions published on the Business SA website.
- You agree that Business SA may change the schedule of benefits at any time.
You agree that Business SA may communicate with you by e‑mail, including any notices regarding your membership, membership fees, renewal or Business SA services, using the e‑mail address you have provided at the time of joining or renewal of your Business SA membership.