Answering the tough questions
The Business Advisory Centre’s free telephone service is available to assist Business SA members between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, and should be the first place to call in relation to any day-to-day workplace issues.
Assisting more than 100 callers per day, some of the questions asked include:
- What are an employer’s obligations to an employee who has been called for jury service that will go for at least three months?
- What is the definition of a confined space and when do I pay the allowance?
- When does an apprentice advance to the ‘next’ year?
- Can I performance manage or terminate an employee who is on WorkCover?
- I have an employee who has been served a Subpoena. Do I pay the employee to attend court?
For answers to these questions or for any other matters concerning your workplace, call the centre on 8300 0101.