Answering the tough questions
The Business Advisory Centre’s free telephone service is available to assist Business SA members between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, and should be the first place to call in relation to any day-to-day workplace issues.
Assisting more than 100 callers per day, some of the questions asked include:
- Is there a maximum weight an employee should lift?
- Do my employees get a wage increase this year?
- How do I get a white card for an employee who needs access to various building sites?
- I have an employee who has been on unpaid sick leave for two months. Can I terminate their employment?
- Are grandparents included in the definition of immediate family when determining if compassionate leave applies?
For answers to these questions or for any other matters concerning your workplace, call the centre on 8300 0101.