The Business Advisory Centre’s free telephone service is available to assist Business SA members between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, and should be the first place to call in relation to any day-to-day workplace issues.
Assisting more than 100 callers per day, some of the questions asked include:
- Are employees who are required to work a call in excess of three hours entitled to a rest period?
- Can an employee take paid sick leave for cosmetic surgery procedures?
- How much personal space should each employee have at a workstation?
- Can I terminate a staff member who has breached our smoking policy?
- My employee was sick before a public holiday. Do I have to pay them for the public holiday?
For answers to these questions or for any other matters concerning your workplace, call the centre on 8300 0101.