If you know a teacher who really makes a difference and you think deserves recognition, now is the time to put up your hand.
Nominations are open for the inaugural South Australian Public Teaching Awards, which will honour a range of inspirational educators in public schools and preschools.
Education Minister Jay Weatherill is encouraging anyone to nominate teachers, leaders or school and preschool support officers to be in the running for up to$20,000 to further support their career in education.
“Nominating is simple – just go to www.decs.sa.gov.au/teacherawards for a nomination form or ask your preschool, school or regional office for a nomination form to submit by post,” Mr Weatherill said.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Inspirational Preschool Teacher of the Year
- Inspirational Primary School Teacher of the Year
- Inspirational Secondary School Teacher of the Year
- Inspirational School/Preschool Leader of the Year
- Inspirational Early Career Teacher of the Year
- Excellent School/ Preschool Support Staff Member of the Year
- Innovative School/Preschool Engagement with Business and the Community