Business SA is pleased to announce the establishment of a new program to assist your business to grow and develop. The Business SA Coaching and Mentoring Program is now open for applications.
In a relaxed round table format, you will join a small group of fellow business leaders to discuss and learn how to grow and develop your business. Over the course of ten months, experienced coaches and mentors will be available to facilitate discussion within the group.
- We will kick things off in mid February 2012 with a networking information night for successful applicants. Meet your fellow group members, some of the mentors and coaches and hear details on the program in a relaxed environment followed by drinks.
- Ten monthly 3 hour group coaching sessions from February to November 2012.
- Hot topics on business growth and development
- The opportunity to workshop an issues within the group
- Facilitation by an experienced coach or mentor
- Maximum of ten participants per group
- Expert guest speakers will be invited to selected sessions
- The opportunity to invite a staff member to attend some of the guest speaker presentations
- A one-on-one coaching or mentoring session with one of our wide range of experienced business people (your choice from a list of profiles).
- Business lunches will provide access to highly successful entrepreneurs and additional networking opportunities (two lunches are planned).
This program is designed for business owners, CEOs, or Managing Directors and only those in such a decision making role will be accepted as a participant.
The group environment will be a very open one where any aspect of your business can be discussed in confidence. As such there will be a strict policy of no competitors within a group and no substitutes if you are not able to make a session. No official minutes or record will be kept although you are encouraged to keep your own notes on items that are of interest to your business.
The program is supported by the Department for Manufacturing, Innovation, Trade, Resources and Energy (DMITRE) and a generous cash rebate is available to participants as follows:
- The program cost is $2,750 inc GST and is payable in full upon acceptance onto the program.
- Upon completion of the program (80% attendance required) a rebate of $1,760 inc GST will be paid making the out of pocket cost to your business $990 inc GST.
This is exceptional value for ten months of coaching, mentoring and networking benefits.
Business SA Chief Executive Officer, Peter Vaughan, said the funding was a welcome opportunity to continue to support the growth of South Australia’s small business sector.
“South Australia is a small business state and we must support these businesses which are essential to the long term vibrancy and prosperity of our local economy,” Mr Vaughan said.
“There are more than 136,000 small business operators in South Australia and we are pleased to be increasing the services that we provide to the business community.
“It is a very competitive and challenging business environment out there and this program will provide access to the necessary experience and expertise to support business growth and development.
“I encourage any small business operator interested in participating in the program to visit our website for more information and we will be recruiting within coming weeks.”
The program builds on Business SA’s small business track record with the highly successful South Australian Young Entrepreneur Scheme (SAYES) which has now assisted well over 400 young people to develop a business. Recent successes include a national award winning baby product business about to expand into the UK, a rapid growth solar company with a locally engineered solar tracking system as well as a sporting equipment designer with an item now on sale in the US through large sporting distributors and Walmart.
Places are strictly limited with only two metropolitan groups and one regional group funded for 2012. Apply now at www.business-sa.com/business-coaching and take advantage of this opportunity to gain access to our network of business expertise. Applications close Sunday 22 January 2012.