Nominations for the 2012 Recovery and Return to Work Awards
Do you know someone who has recovered from a workplace injury, or who has helped injured workers through the steps of staying or returning to work?
Nominate them for the WorkCoverSA Recovery and Return to Work Awards to help highlight the outstanding efforts of South Australians in this area.
The seven awards categories are:
- Worker achievement awards (worker in a small to medium organisation and worker in a large or self-insured organisation)
- Employer excellence awards (small to medium employer and large or self-insured employer)
- Health and rehabilitation individual achievement award
- Rehabilitation and return to work coordinator excellence award
- Case and injury management excellence award
To nominate, go to: http://awards.workcover.com
Take survey for chance to win
Adelaide Airport Limited (AAL) is reviewing its Strategic Plan and welcomes the opportunity for businesses to contribute to the review through a short survey that should take you no longer than 10 minutes.
AAL operates both Adelaide and Parafield Airports which incorporate substantial aviation and property development business activities. AAL is keen to receive your opinions on how well it deliver these services along with making sure that it accommodates your future business needs in its Strategic Plan.
By completing and submitting the survey you will be entered into a draw for a new iPad 3.
Survey responses are required by Friday 4 May 2012.
Should you have any questions in relation to the survey, please contact Phill Hudson, Partner, Hudson Howells - telephone 8212 7122 or email email@example.com.
2012 South Australian Training Awards
Nominations are now open
Hosted by the Training and Skills Commission, the South Australian Training Awards are the peak State awards for vocational education and training (VET), to celebrate outstanding quality, innovation and excellence in training.
Apprentices, trainees, VET students, teacher/trainers, employers, training providers and organisations who excel in training are invited to apply for one of the following awards:
- VET Teacher/Trainer
- Messenger Community News Apprentice of the Year
- Proteus Leadership Centres Trainee of the Year
- Business SA Vocational Student of the Year
- SA Unions Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- Trade Schools for the Future School-based Apprentice of the Year
- WorkCoverSA Industry Collaboration Award
- in-business Small Employer of the Year
- Channel 9 Employer of the Year
- Small Training Provider of the Year
- MEGT Australian Apprenticeship Centres Large Training Provider of the Year
For more information on the SA Training Awards or to download a nomination booklet visit www.satrainingawards.sa.edu.au
SA Volunteer Awards
Individuals are now eligible for the highest honour, the Joy Noble Medal, which recognises the extraordinary contributions of volunteers in this State.
Minister for Volunteers, Ian Hunter, has announced new ways the State Government will recognise the invaluable work that volunteers, community organisations and businesses make to South Australian communities.
To nominate or find out more about the awards, visit the Office for Volunteers website at www.ofv.sa.gov.au or phone (08) 8463 4490.
Applications close on Friday, 11 May 2012, and the winners will be announced at a volunteers celebration event at the Festival Theatre on Monday, 11 June 2012.
2012 Resilient Australia Awards
Entries close Friday 6 July 2012
Are you part of a project or initiative that makes your community safer, stronger, more resilient and better prepared to manage any emergency situation?
If you spend a moment considering the range of services and new initiatives that your business has been involved in since 2010, there would certainly be a number of projects that address community resilience that are truly worthy of recognition beyond the local community. What you have achieved may also inspire and benefit other communities across Australia.
Nomination is as simple as completing an application form providing a summary of the project and brief responses to the five judging criteria. It is not an onerous task, offering significant local and national benefits by promoting and recognising the excellent initiatives undertaken by your business within your community. Visit the website.
General information sheet
Business SA is pleased to bring you its annual General Information Sheet for 2012 and the 2012 Calendar. The General Information Sheet can help you plan for the next year with a list of all the important dates for all States and Territories, including:
- Public holidays and school term dates
- Construction industry closedown dates
- Construction industry public holidays and rostered days off
- Daylight savings changeover dates.
The Calendar collates all of these important dates for South Australia only and displays them on one convenient page. Business SA reminds members that the Taxation Information Sheet 2011-2012 and the Key Lodgement Taxation Dates for 2011-2012 are also available. They contain a range of dates, amounts and other useful data such as:
- Activity Statement, Fringe Benefits Tax, Pay as You Go Withholding dates
- Flood Levy rates
- Payroll Tax thresholds and rates
- Superannuation Guarantee Levy and Contribution Concessional Limits.
Available only to Business SA members, you will need to login to the website to view the information sheets.
For assistance, contact the Business Advisory Centre on 08 8300 0101.
2012 Royal Adelaide Show Corporate Packages
Drive positive business outcomes and create a lasting and memorable experience for your clients and staff at the 2012 Royal Adelaide Show – South Australia’s largest and best loved annual event!
Experience the Show like never before – network and enjoy premium catering and professional service in the Goyder Mezzanine suites overlooking all of the Show action in the busy Goyder Pavilion.